If you are ready to sell your home and want to ensure a smooth transaction, consider a pre-listing inspection. Proactively addressing issues with the home can make it easier for you to sell and it will also help you price your home correctly right from the start. As a result, you can validate a higher asking price and sell your home more quickly.
If you address any issues we find, they are no longer a bargaining chip for potential buyers. By being upfront and disclosing issues you were unable to address, you’ll show the buyer goodwill on your part.
What type of report will you receive after your home inspection?
Every Detail Matters Home Inspections are followed-up by a comprehensive written report that itemizes all of the information gathered at the time of inspection. Your inspection report will highlight the Major Concerns, Safety Issues, Repair Items, and Items to Monitor and includes color photos of areas of concern. Your home inspection report is emailed to you, and if requested to your real estate agent.
You can even provide our inspection report to the buyer and save them the time and cost of scheduling their own home inspection if they choose.
• Allow 2-3 hours for the home inspection.
• You will need to schedule a date, time, and estimated length of the home inspection with us.
• Provide us with the property address, specific directions, phone number, and email address.
• If an appointment needs to be canceled or postponed, contact EDM Home Inspections at least 24 hours before the scheduled inspection.
• Ensure all utilities: gas, electric, hot water heater, and refrigerator are on.
• Arrange/ensure access to garage, closets, attics, etc.
• Remove all items that may block access to the air conditioner, hot water heater, attic, access panels, electric service panel, etc.
If your home also needs additional services, like a termite inspection, water testing, and radon testing, we do it all! Please visit our services page for more information.
Your home inspection includes a comprehensive report on all of your home’s components.